Friday, April 25, 2008

More orphanage...


Here are some pictures from today at the orpahange....
Back flips off the concrete steps - very H&S aware!






(please note I did not teach the one in the middle how to turn his eyelids out in this way! It was very funny though for me and the others).... very fond of making funny faces....




Me and one of my budding young photographers - I let the children take some pictures with my SLR camera - well its insured.... they took some good pictures but most prefered making the faces and seeing them on the screen...



I think her name is lily and the boy is Penha.


Hieng, Panha, Srom Mey, Lily.....













This game involved a shuttlecock that was thrown caught by the other kids who then ran - tried to play but did not really get the rules.....






This is Dy (the boy) one of my more studious beginner students - He borrowed my dictionary for the day yesterday and wrote out about 50 words in English and Khmer and had them learnt by today.... I'm not sure of the girls name yet

This is one of Dy's photos - I set it up he took the picture so I guess it is his really! - Excellent technical ability! - The girls here are playing the game we play in England where you put elastic round your ankles/waist and jump in and out... well I played it at primary school anyway.

Today - I read a story with the help of a Khmer teacher and then played a game using the story and various flashcards - I had at various times beween 4 and 6 adults observing me - my teacher, the director of education, my teacher's friend (also a TEFL teacher) and 3 other volunteers here on other projects..... A bit unnerving given I did not use any of my lesson plan as it was too advanced for the smallest children. Oh well... it was a fun lesson and the adults were well behaved.

After the lesson I played with the children and also taught them some camera skills - I am thinking about a project on this but need cameras that people no longer need....Would anyone like to donate a camera for the children to use (I am probably trying to get about 10) - nothing flash just a basic one you no longer want???!!!

I have had a wander around the Russian market after school..... lunch and now wondering whether I am brave enough to face the heat to go to the post office on the otherside of town.... If I leave it an hour I can combine it with a happy hour drink so I think I'll do that.

This weekend - off to Shihanoukville - This is the more western beach - As close as Cambodia gets to a resort... (but even that description is pushing it I think).

No comments: